Saturday, August 13, 2005

Think Dodgeball meets Dangerous Minds

Lazy Saturdays. I don't know if I can think of anything I like better than doing nothing and lying around to do it.

I did however do some serious Netflix work this week.

I watched Friday Night Lights, which for all of its continuity errors and racism I enjoyed it. Tim McGraw was great. There's something about the country music community and their acting ability that has me intrigued. Dwight Yoakum, Dolly Parton, Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash, have all made good turns and Dwight Yoakum, I predict could win an Oscar in his career. That dude is mean.

I also watched Blazing Saddles, and the Ox Bow Incident. Two great movies for obviously different reasons. First, Blazing Saddles, was truly hilarious as I had always heard. Yes, that's correct I had never seen it before. Not for any reason, just never got around to it. Anyway, very interesting polical messages going on in this one. Ox Bow Incident is still one of the great unhearlded movies. A morality play that must have been extremely controversial during its time. Released 62 years ago it contains material that wouldn't have been on TV in the Eighties.

This morning I watched Scary Movie, I guess I'm into spoofs this week, I really liked this one. Scream is one of my favorite horror (?) movies of all time, because it had a sense of humor unlike most slasher flicks. The weird thing about Scary Movie is how it plays as a mystery. For some reason, maybe the early hour of my screening, I couldn't figure out "who done it". I should have known, but I figured it would be a weird 80's TV character or something. I did however like the ending a take on The Usual Suspects.

Also this morning I caught a little of Summer School. I love that movie, as we all do. It's harmless good 80's comedy, played out by has beens. I would love to see a remake casting of this. Unfortunately my casting would get done and it would suck. So some other genius would do some sucky casting and it would work.

I would cast:

Luke Wilson as Shoop
Christine Taylor as Fat Actress's Part (not because she was on AD last night, because she'd be good)
Steve Carrell as Vice Principal- they may be twins
Nikki Reed as The Courtney Thorne Smith Part

Of course Rob Reiner would be attached to direct...

Some Elton John today

Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters-love it
This Train Don't Stop-love it
I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues-love it
Someone Saved My Life Tonight-LOVE IT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home