Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

Since we last met my beloved Gamecocks won the NIT. The truth of the matter is, that I really was down on this team mid Feb. I mean so down I didn't read articles, follow games or even know when games were played. For me this is unusual. I know when Cal Berkley's next game is most of the time. But Congrats to Dave Odom, Carlos Powell, Josh Gonner, John Chappell, and Jon Land. The senior class is light but had been through quite a bit of games.

So I hiked the Cooper River Bridge for the final time. The race will be on the Ravenel Bridge next year. All in all it was a rewarding experience. We probably got an inch of rain from the time I got up to the time the race started. It was wet and windy, but great athletes choose not their conditions. I finished in one hour and like ten to fifteen minutes. Good time. I hinted at reretirement* after next years run, but this is something I will try and do many more times.
The only celebrity sighting was, and I can't guarantee this but he was running with another man: Bunky from Big Brother 1,2,or 3 I can't for the life of Marcellus remember.

Best thing I've heard this year: Stereophonics New Album. They make me feel good.

Final Four predictions. Illinois vs. Michigan St.
Women's LSU and UT.....All SEC vs. All Big Ten

Most sports fans that are outside these conferences hate these conferences.


*For those of you who don't know I retired from competitive athletics near three years ago. Following utter exhaustion in a basketball game, I held an impromptu presser and left it all on the field. I do still play golf and swim when I'm in water, oh and I've also been known to throw a football for fun, but never do I ever keep score when I shoot trash into a trash can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home