Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Evil Empire

ESPN is leading with it this afternoon online, but what may happen tonight should make Sportscenter as it lead story. Pat Summitt barring any upset will become the all-time DI winningest coach in basketball, passing Dean Smith. She could hang number 880 in the rafters in Thompson Bolling Arena tonight. Summitt is the equivalent of Phog Allen, Henry Iba, and Frank McGuire. She is a founding mother of a game that is driving past adolecence into puberty. In only a few years will this game full blossom. Pat Summitt is a major contributor to college basketball and to its growth.

To some she is Darth Vader, to others she is a legend. Tonight while you are watching the University of South Carolina, you should take a peak at the girls in orange, white and baby blue. I am ever impressed with the way that team plays basketball, it gives me a reason not to completely hate UcheaT.

In other news, I am ready for baseball. Gamecocks play in Charleston next week, so that will help, but I figure I may have to take in a pro game this year. I'm hedging my money and my faith to the Los Angeles Angels. Still a Giants fan, but no longer rooting for them without mentioning the Angels. Like what they have done.

Also Genevieve Gorder's new show Town Haul (ha) is running currently on TLC. It was pretty good, the premise is they take a section of town and, get this, give it a makeover, what a novel idea. We don't see many makeovers on TV anymore. Reason this catches my eye. Laurens, SC was the debut town. I once got a ticket in Laurens, so I've been there twice. I also once had a crush on a girl from Laurens. That's about all I know about it. Whilest we talk about makeover shows though, I am ready for MTV's I Want a Famous Face where teens have plastic surgery to go from ugly to kinda not bad looking in order to look like a famous idol. My favorite is easily the twin acne ridden skeletons that wanted to look like Brad Pitt. They would have needed surgery to look like the kid in Road Trip that made it with the big girl. Instead they set their sights to the stratosphere. The results were what they wanted, and what I expected, which are two different things.

Tegan and Sara--Walking with a Ghost
The Ramones--We Want the Airwaves
Willie Nelson--Always on My Mind

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we all know how you love women's bball! I know you are in hog heaven with ESPN showing non-stop games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home