Tuesday, March 15, 2005

old man take a look at your life

Give a brother a break. It might be shocking for me to make that statement considering the subject. Dave Odom. I like Dave Odom. I just don't think he is the right guy for the job at USC. But for the people that want him fired, that is a little silly. We play in a top 5 conference and really played very well last year, lost our point guard and big man. I am always frustrated with our basketball team, its my nature. But I am also a realist. And I realize that Dave Odom is one of the best out there, and certainly better than anyone available. Until Tubby Smith, or Kelvin Sampson (although I think he will be at Oklahoma for a long time) become available, then I say lets go along for the ride.

Greg Marshall this and Greg Marshall that. I am not big on Marshall. Two reasons: what has he done? He has won in the Big South. He hasn't really coached anywhere but Winthrop. By the way I bet if anyone is reading this outside of SC they may not realize how much people here want Marshall to be considered for every job in the country. I promise you Arizona St. or Nebraska won't come a callin' if they need a coach. I like Bobby Lutz a whole lot more than Marshall and have since I was in college for anyone that remembers those years. Lutz is the man, he has won Conf. USA and is due for a big time job. I really liked that we interviewed Al Skinner before we got Odom. I think he would have been wonderful for Carolina. But my guy is still Kelvin Sampson. I wish wish wish he would have come when we got Odom.

Anyway I got a bowl of sour grapes here, and another rant. Why is it that Miami and Va Tech have been sucessful early in the ACC? I think its because the Big East is tougher than anyone gives credit and the ACC is somewhat overrated. Va Tech and Miami were doormats in the Big East, now they are middle of the pack to last. That is an improvement, the only thing that changed was the competition. Oh and Miami has a new coach. I don't expect USC to beat the U tonight but, I gotta feelin' we will either get dismantled or do some dismantlin'...

Sorry to rant on your day, but I got sunny days ahead. Mostly on Thursday. Ooh Idol tonight, that makes me destress some.

Matrimony: Maybe You--Maxwell
Brown Sugar: D'Angelo
All 4 Love: Color Me Badd
No Diggity: Blackstreet .....

Play on Playa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home