Thursday, March 10, 2005

Folgers Good to the Last Drop

I like:

Jon Carney-Memphis Swingman, like Kenyon Martin and Latrell Sprewell in one.

Beck - E-Pro, Beck is cool. I love Mutations. Odelay is great, but I cut my teeth on Mutations.

Merritt Dempsey- My local anchor crush.

Hoosiers 2 Disc DVD Set- "No matter what the score says, to me we'll be winners."

paigesix.blogspot.com- that gal is fun, sexy and probably in need of some meds.

oldies radio- where else can you fix your Association jones at 5am?

Manny's Greek-American- I just returned from my neighborhood bar. It is great, I am fairly known even after not being there since last year. I knew between ten and fifteen people there just randomly.

Live in Austin, Texas. The Mavericks live record. Came out last year. That thing is really good. If you like those guys give it a spin. I love horns, so obviously it was up my alley.

Alabama Song- By the Doors and Allison Moorer, which strangely enough are two completely different songs.

Backstreet Boys Doing Clubs- that speaks for itself. They are playing Myrtle Beach at the House of Blues.

Keri Russell- no explanation necessary

Budweiser Select- Good stuff.

Patches- Now available on Rhapsody. This song is the absolute truth. It is country and blues but more than that this is how a real southern boy grows up. Patches is my f'n hero. He might be raggedy, but I salute him. Clarence Carter is the man.

Yoda- A Badass he is. The Episode III trailer just ran. Okay, I'll lay it out there: I'm soo disappointed with the last two that this one won't get me there opening day. I also think Hayden Christiansen is partially to blame. He sucks. Nats (I'm sticking to my theory that she is the phantom menace) has pulled up his slack though.Oh right, I'm a Star Wars geek and yes opening day means something to me. I saw the other two on opening day, and the three recuts on opening day. Sorry, if you need a new blog I understand. Luckily (for me) I only look like a Star Wars geek occasionally. I do believe that the movies should look like the first ones and I can't get past that still. There are too many visuals and not enough Kurasowa rips to work for me.

Short Hair- No not on women, and not on dudes. On me. I need a friggin' hair cut bad. I am so desperate that I'm thinking of shaving it all off with my Norelco. I think I'm gonna shave my head. It's been since 1999. It's time.

Robert Hertstein-I had him as a Prof. my sophomore year. I just finished reading a book about WWII where he did the forward. I am not a WW II scholar by the way it was a book by Life Magazine, so photos almost outnumbered words. The key is Hertstein, one of the best teachers ever. His lectures went like this: Remember North Africa? We had breakfast with Rommell, Goerbels called and ordered more gas for the chambers. We slaughtered Ethopians and eradicated races. You were there, the weather was balmy. Rommell rode next to you. You heiled him. His sister is Barbara Hershey, Believe it or not.

GOB- finally he uses his stripper pants again. I wish he did more magic this season.

Tonight lets go back to 1991-1992
Oceans- Pearl Jam
Drive- R.E.M.
One- U2
I've Been Waiting- Matthew Sweet
And a little later but after listening to Daniel Johnston I can't help but think of Wesley Willis.

I Whupped Batman's Ass- Wesley Willis
Jesus is the Answer- Wesley Willis Fiasco


Word to your Mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home