Thursday, February 24, 2005

Biggie Size My Blowfish Sandwich

Fare readers,

I'm in the snow covered nation's capitol today preping for Wilco tonight at the 9:30 club. I understand last night was really good, as it was broadcast globally on this very internet. Check out tonight's on www.wilcoworld.net ...

So I pack about as well as Tonya Harding skates. I can do it, but not without Gillooly. My Gillooly is Sean. I don't read weather maps so well. I brought exactly two jackets, one suede one cordouroy. Not one water or snow proof. Of course the weather I saw included a possibility of snow. I'm a SC boy it snows at night randomly there, here it snows, well when it wants to. So Gillooly loaned me a set of mittens with fingers, hat and fleece lined jacket. Much better.

Anyway enough of my silly day. I'm gotta give another shout out to my buddy Mary who reminded me how bad things must be for Hootie and the Blowfish. Darius is selling chicken sandwiches now for Burger King. The song is a parody of Big Rock Candy Mountain, most notably found on the O' Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack. I heard the radio spot first and didn't recognize the voice, but that commercial during the Daytona 5oo nearly stopped the race. I guess I'll be going to a few Hootie shows to give them some cash. I do like his outfit though, I'm sure he is a big hit with kids and leather daddies.

iwritethewords tours DC tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get to meet up with Finneyfock? Ive got his numbers if you want them.

Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home