Thursday, February 17, 2005

Oooh That Smell

Drugs are the theme of the week. Near me Zoloft has been the watchword for a child's murder defense, outside of my world but something I follow daily is steroids. Now that I am finally going to the doctor hopefully I will be swallowing Mr. Penicillin.

As for the Zoloft issue. I don't know the intense details of the case. I do know that I did not expect the jury to buy a medical defense. I didn't expect thirty years, but I guess his life was saved. I worry that a mentally unstable child in our juvenile justice system, and soon prision will not be rehabilitated.

Steroids. I don't believe all of the names Jose Canseco has named are true. Namely Rafael Palmero and Ivan Rodriguez. Palmerio has hit tons of homeruns, but considering he has played for nearly twenty years, all of them healthy and with a classic swing, juiced ball, I'm not surprised. Ivan Rodriguez has looked the same physically as has Palmerio, but Rodriguez didn't hit homeruns until later in life, but still not at a staggering pace. A small ballpark in Texas helped both of them, and even smaller ones throughout the American League padded stats. I don't think I've got energy enough to track down every reason these two players shouldn't be named. Both were expected to be great players, not every day players, they were expected to be great. Turns out they were and now we have to question it.

Feels good to get back to good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home