Sunday, February 06, 2005

You Be Illin'

Small Fries, Big Mac, you be illin'


So Super Bowl XXXIX was not so super. I found it boring. Game, commercials and halftime were lackluster. I guess if you like defense then it was good. If you like tame family oriented humor, or no humor at all and if you like 1960's rock performed by a sixty year old then you might be a redneck.

I for one do like defense when punctuated by a swift and plentiful offense. I also like family humor as an alternative to in your face crotch and shame humor, but only as an alternative. Meet the Parents over The Parent Trap. And certainly love Paul McCartney, but more then than now.

My suggestions, don't change the game. I got what I expected and even if, it wasn't the game's fault. Change halftime back. Not for titties, but for schlock and awe value. Remember Brittney and Aerosmith? That sucked so hard it was funny. I either want that or really great contemporary acts. How good would it have been to have Jimmy Page and Ashlee Simpson? Or even better Iggy Pop and Jessica Simpson? Or even better Gene Simmons and Joe Simpson? Or Coldplay? Or U2 again, or why not a classic band like KISS or Van Halen, or a contemporary hip hop dealy with Usher and Alicia Keyes? Not friggin boring white bread Paul McCartney, who I do love, but come on... this is the nineties.

Thought's written during Super Bowl commercials go as follows:

Who needs a Cadillac that goes 0-60 in 5 seconds? Mortie Seinfeld?
A rugby scrum with Gladys Knight? Why didn't I come up with that? Oh I know because I'm not an idiot.
Diet Pepsi commercials were good, especially with the over exposed Queer Carson, funny stuff.
New Mustang looks okay...
Thankfully I don't have a job where I have to dress monkeys...
Paul McCartney played
Drive My Car---Rubber Soul -1965?
Get Back--Let it Be-- 1970
Live and Let Die--? Movie Soundtrack--1973
Hey Jude--The Beatles (White Album)---1968
This is a problem. I should know I am the target audience.

Next year I want the Redskins in the Super Bowl, commercials with many groin kicks, and jokes about races, and Coldplay at Halftime, maybe Dave Chappelle too.

Okay so here are some jams to play for today....

Four Seasons in One Day...Crowded House
Don't Look Back in Anger....Oasis
Connection...Elastica

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feelin' the Redskin superbowl.

Why didn't they take advantage of Superbowl XXX? That's when the tits need to be a floppin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home