Saturday, January 29, 2005

Mrs. Smith

I saw a story on CNN that Angelina Jolie was against celebs begging for money for the poor. I guess the 9-11 and Tsunami concerts and Sharon Stone's whatever you want to call it are the inspiration for her statement. She believes it can do more harm than good, by being uninformed and just swooping in for the glory. I can't say I disagree with her, but I don't think it does more harm than good.

The reason this struck me is, its that time of year again. Awards season. I love the award shows and the glamour and glitz involved. I don't mind the self praise and celeb stroking that goes on during the preshows. What I do mind is the gift bags. I've thought for at least as long as I knew they got gift bags that this was ridiculous. It is the worst form of product placement on the earth. The uber wealthy get new cell phones, perfume, and X Box games, yipee. I am still waiting on someone to sell their gift bag on eBay for charity. Been waiting for at least five years, for some that's like twenty gift bags. My plea is that not only do celebs at these award shows not need this stuff, they also aren't exactly jumping to do spots for the items after they try them. Hell they don't even use half the stuff anyway. I bet it gets regifted and lost. Sell the crap for charity. Bradley Whitford and Jane Kayzmerick (sp) sell their awards night duds!

I probably have harped on this before, but it still itches.

On the other hand for Angelina, I can't wait for Mr. and Mrs. Smith this summer. Trailer here...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/mrandmrssmith/

I love Doug Liman so I'm excited even though not overly impressed with the trailer.


It Ain't Over 'til Its Over-Lenny Kravitz
Always on the Run- Lenny Kravitz
Stop Draggin Around- Lenny Kravitz

That is a good album kids "Mama Said" and fourteen years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home