Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Take it to the Limit

Do people still think 70's music sucks? I wonder? People used to always laugh at disco and make fun of the excess of the pop music. With myself included I did bash some bands and still do, but now looking back, the real crap is almost every Eagles record, Supertramp, Frampton Comes Alive and did I mention the Eagles. Certainly some disco/pop music sucked, but much of it was really slick. It's too bad that people bash the wrong stuff. The real greatness of this era was in English Punk/New Wave, Funk, Pop, and Glam. Keep your Eagles, and Seger, I'm with El Duderino....give me some Creedence.

Just listen to

If I Can't Have You, Yvonne Elliman---pop
Up For the Down Stroke, Parliament---funk
Complete Control, The Clash---punk
All The Young Dudes, Mott the Hoople---glam
Text book examples....

Listen to this drivel if you dare, of course if you Rhapsody like me, you will find the Eagles aren't there. I'm sure Joe Walsh and Glen Frye can't agree on something. None the less break out your copy of their greatest hits and jam Hearthache Tonight.

American Idol's triumphiant return tonight.

Where's Latoya London?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home