Thursday, January 06, 2005

"I know it was you"

My current film plan is to make a fourth Godfather film, called Weekend at Fredo's. It will be a departure from they Coppola Films and Puzo novels. We've currently attached Jimmy Fallon to play Fredo since John Cazzalle died in the late seventies. The plot centers around Fredo's extravagant lifestyle while in Las Vegas on business for the Corleone Family. Fredo's going all willy nilly doing drugs, alcohol, and women in multitudes. I think with my connections I should be able to get Andrew McCarthy and Jonathan Silverman to cameo.

I am slightly in essay form as I have certainly watched two shockingly different comedies today. 1968's Barefoot in the Park, a Neil Simon comedy and Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. Obviously these movies are intended for different core audiences, but I fall into both groups. So anyway, I've always adored Barefoot in the Park. I typically don't like comedies that light and of that period, but it really is good. Back when Jane Fonda was an actress comedies were light and breezy. Now you get a punch in the face with sexual innuendo, and gross out gags. Don't worry though I love movies where shock and humiliation are the norm. Those movies are made by guys around my age that grew up making fun of farting, dorks, and love creating retro nostalgia.

Anyway, Weekend at Fredo's would be great. "It's Weekend at Burnie's meets the Godfather meets Swingers" says bizarrely energetic Hollywood pitchman.

Listen to this: City of Blinding Lights, U2... You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in prison, My Chemical Romance...Since U Been Gone, Kelly Clarkson...This song has haunted me since the Orange Bowl, I was wrong for snarking on you Kell's, this tune is pretty good. Can't wait for some American Idol in two weeks....

later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home