Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Nashville Skyline

I've been listening to a bunch of country music lately. Traditional country in fact. I like that kind of country that plays on AM radio in the rural south. It seems much of it was recorded in the mountains, and their hollows. Words I've heard a lot lately: hurt, love, she, momma, dead, Hello I'm Johnny Cash, crazy, and blue jeans.

Also, and this is huge. I found my book of Family Feud questions. I worked on these one afternoon in the early 2000's. Watching the Feud, I was stunned by some of the questions and really enjoy Louie Anderson's voice. (Aside. How John Ritter dies of a heart attack and Louie Anderson is still alive is amazing. Based on his voice and skin tone he shouldn't have seen the Clinton Presidency.)

Here are some examples* from my book, which can be purchased at Amazon.com

You know how Family Feud works, the questions always begin: We asked one hundred people....so and so.

What kind of snakes are served on Columbus Day?
What animal would you not put in a suitcase?
What else smells like butter?
How many barrels can you put fish in?
How many gallons of paint would it take to paint Lisbon?
How many times does the average American eat in a phone booth?

Other weird quotes found in my book:
"The streets will flow with the blood of the non-believing."
"There is an acrid metallic taste, and I can only see grey and yellow."

I'm glad I write my thoughts down on pads. I must have twenty pads all over this state with random crud like that.

crack open a frosty bud can and listen to these country songs:
Long Black Veil- Lefty Frizzell
Get Rhythm- Johnny Cash
Foggy Mountain Breakdown-Flatt and Scruggs
Flowers on the Wall- The Statler Brothers
Tonight I'll be Stayin' Here with You- Bob Dylan

Appendix
*by reading these examples with your eyes and comprehending them as funny nonsense you give up the right to publish these on a syndicated gameshow or any other form of media

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home