Sunday, August 28, 2005

Katrina is a Big Girl

As a confesed news a holic, I've got to tell you I won't be able to sleep tonight. I actually plan on going to bed soon, so I can get up really early and watch the hurricane coverage before I venture out to work. I couldn't feel worse for the gulf coast americans, but also am thankful that I will not face such a storm.

We got word early in the week this thing could be ugly. The worst case scenario's played out and here we are playing the waiting game. My first thoughts are I'd like to be there to help do something for those people and that city. I believe once I get bored enough with the grocery business I'll seek a job with emergency preparedness. I find the whole thing alluring. I might be a little out of my mind.

Well this is the last of my stream of consciousness for today. I don't normally tell people to pray or what have you, but today it might not be a bad idea to think about how quickly an act of nature can destroy something as simple everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home