Sunday, April 03, 2005

Looking for My Fourth Pope

Interesting Pope facts:

Pope Eugenius III decreed a second Thursday in a week.

Pope Benedict IV was believed to be between 12 and 20 beginning his papacy.

Julius Caesar allowed for the invention of a leap year, with Pope Gregory XIII accepting it after eliminating ten days jumping from Oct 4th to the 15th. Ultimately converting the Christian world from a Julian to Gregorian calendar, the one we use today.

I have long been ignorant about the Pope and his history, but the day I wondered how a leap year was created and that the Pope was involved impressed me forever. I will be watching the order of events over the next thirty days very closely. History before our eyes.

As of this publishing, Sinead O' Connor has not torn up any pictures of speculative Popes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home