Monday, June 20, 2005

I just screened Bad News Bears for the first time since I was a Bad News Bear. I don't remember the movie being this vulgar. I was pretty young and really just watching for the baseball and watching kids my age. Now I'm more like Matthau's character than I'd like to admit. Anyway its a pretty good piece of entertainment, and worth the Netflix subscription rate just to hear Tanner describe his team, and tell those evil Yankee's to take their trophy and shove it up their asses.

With all the Deep Throat hysteria, and my Washington DC trip coming up this week, I've got All the President's Men up tomorrow night. I'll go ahead and say I hate Dustin Hoffman, for the most part. Ben Braddock doesn't completely annoy me, at least not like that idiot Rainman. Sure I have compassion for the mentally handicapped, but not when they are played by an idiot like Dustin Hoffman who thinks the best way to show his disability is by swaying and repeating things. I don't want to keep going about this and I am by no means an expert on Autism, but I gotta tell you I don't think he had a drop of subtlety in his "performance". That's the crap the Academy eats with a spoon.

Rant over. Deep breath. Crisis averted. I'm not quite in the right frame of mind. I've got a bunch of junk happening this week. I keep forgeting I'm gonna see Wilco, and The Roots and go to DC. All I can think about is the flight. Yikes.

Listening to a lot of country today. I saw one of those Time Life deals and needed to hear some Conway Twitty, Tanya Tucker and Kenny Rogers.

Hello Darlin, Conway
Delta Dawn, Tanya
Lucille, Kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home