Saturday, June 11, 2005

Note to Self, Buy Sunscreen

I have made a decision. I figured about a month ago that I am 18 months from shaving my head due to my male pattern baldness. Granted I am not currently folically panicked. I am however challenged. My hair has receeded dramatically in the last ten years since high school. I also promised myself I would never sport one of those cuts that leave the top of the head bald and the rest hairy. No side hair only. I promised myself I would shave my head. The time has come to buy a Wahl and start cutting.

I figure I have a year left maybe two like I hypothesized, but I am tired of looking at it and trying to make it messy, to look cool and hairy. I have been looking at guys with bald heads and studying what they do. My models are Kelly Slater, Jason Statham, Dave Matthews, and Robbie Williams. I don't know if I will go that short, but I'm tempted.

I have however decided to make a photodocumentary of my haircut. This is my transition from hair to no hair. This is decision that I will look back on and say was the day I lost my hair. Sure I've had buzz cuts before, but come Tuesday it will be my new look. I figure being pro-active towards my hairline will show itself as a good decision, if not, well it will grow back, in most places.

Also for those into Wilco, http://www.rollingstone.com/artist/_/id/40249?pageid=rs.ArtistSearch&pageregion=mainRegion visit the videos from KCRW.

Those into Ben Harper do the same at rollingstone.com and watch the video for With My Two Hands.

You Da Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home