Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Maj. Tom

I watched the Italian Job with Marky Mark, Charlize Theron and Ed Norton yesterday. Of course there were good parts, but this movie was clearly overrated. Mos Def and Jason Statham stole the show, what was left of it, after some horrible storytelling and really bad continuity. I saw the same shot in the boat chase twice, twice. Like they did a shot of a guy making a turn, and did it again a few seconds later, then did it again with a different shot in the same sequence.

All in all though, it was exactly what I wanted, a good car chase and crazy heists.

So the Killers and Louis XIV are about ready to spew their venom on the local teens. The blogerazzi, especially the NY'ers have been posting lots of pics from the NYC shows, and well lots of young people of all shapes and shades hugging on Brandon Flowers. This is as much the reason I don't care for them and won't go see their show. They are way too big amonst people I don't like, and I'm not fascinated by anything they do. I liked them thirty years ago when they were called David Bowie.

I haven't watched television, like regular tv in almost two weeks. I have watched some sports and some re-runs, but the last thing I remember watching in a time slot was the Simpsons season finale, and the American Idol finale. It's the curse of all of these channels and nothing on.

I'm still thinking of Bowie so listen to these and think of the Killers.

Suffragette City
Diamond Dogs
Oh! The Pretty Things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home