Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Stoke

I'm sure by now you're wondering what movie is he going to tell me about next? Your answer is Step into Liquid. My new third favorite surfing documentary, behind The Endless Summer and Riding Giants. This is a four and a half star doc featuring surfing all over the world in an Endless Summer style, by the son of the director of The Endless Summer. And it is good, very very good visuals. Probably the most incredible visuals I've seen underwater. You don't get the POV ,Dana Brown gives on his movies, everyday. He shoots from behind waves and inside waves and under waves, rather than to the side or in front of waves.

Watch it for those reasons alone. Another good movie is on tonight on Turner Classic Movies. 12 Angry Men. Absolutely flawless. This is in my top ten somewhere between 4-10. I love this movie. The story is powerful, the acting great, and the tension taught. I'm not gonna bore you with Film 101, but Sidney Lumet did this in 1957-his first film and he knocked it out of the park. It is so good, to this day he can do anything he wants and the studios back off.

I went to the beach today for about 1.5 hrs, it was good. Hot and high tide. Can't ask for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home