Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What's It All About?

So I was thinking today what job I would like to have if I ever went to prison. I'm still not sure, but I was not set on being a butcher, baker or candlestick maker... those all seem to entail labor. I also don't want to do the laundry cause that's "woman's work", plus who'd want to wash soiled prison sheets, we've seen Oz. So I would take up the skill of barber. Yep I'd be masculine enough to be barber and really that isn't hard labor. Its better than yard cleaning duty. It's much better than being the librarian.

I watched Alfie (2004) last night. I liked it, but its one of those you just rent. I like to think there are phrases that go with my four star rankings.
( ) no way in hell
* ugh, maybe we can rent it
** that wasn't bad, and I'll probably rent that cause maybe on a second look...
*** now that was pretty good, I'll maybe buy that one day on sale
**** dude. I'm gonna have to buy that, you wanna go and see it again?

Alfie ** 1/2 Not bad I liked how it was made and really liked Jude Law. It wasn't the total laugh fest I had hoped and wasn't prepared for its dramatic arc, having not seen Michael Caine's version. Good stuff though, he is pretty charismatic and very good looking. I had only seen him as the gay mechanic Jim Williams killed in Georgia.

I will seek Jude Law movies out again, but not necessarily this one. I'm looking forward to his re-make of All the Kings Men.

Idol tonight, who ya got?
Vonzell is my current #1, but I'm pulling for her like third or fourth.
I just heard Workin' for the Weekend by Loverboy and it made me think of Constantine. I'm just sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home