Monday, April 18, 2005

Pop Secret

Do you think Anton La Vey has Devil's Food Cake for his birthday every year?

I remember a time where Star Wars was like my favorite thing in the world, now I hope the movie never even comes out. Its going to be another disappointment for something I once held so dear. Somehow I've got to find a way to still love the franchise without looking back with mixed feelings.

The Simpsons was pretty funny last night, and Arrested Development was classic finale schtick. They left a lot lingering for closure, hopefully we'll get what we deserve. Maybe my favorite line was when discussing what was under the house "a bunch of blue paint and some denim shreds" or whatever it was. Good grief I hope we'll see a couple more years.

I really want to listen to Abbey Road, I was thinking about the music I listened to in high school (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, REM, Neil Young, Pavement, Uncle Tupelo, Dr. Dre, Beastie Boys, Snoop, The Doors) and the stuff I liked in college (Dave Matthews, Wilco, Son Volt, Jayhawks, Ben Folds, Ben Harper, Elvis Costello, Beck, some punk, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Beach Boys and probably most important to me the Beatles). The Beatles were an obsession for probably two years, and I miss listening to my Beatles records, literally, they were vinyl. My favorite is still Magical Mystery Tour, but I want to hear Abbey Road right now.

If you've got a Beatles CD since Rhapsody, iTunes and the like aren't able to get their work then jam some:
Here Comes the Sun
Baby You're a Rich Man
In My Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home