Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Viva il Papa

Now that we have a new Pope, I figure I'll follow him closer than I did John Paul II. To watch his leadership from begining to end will be fascinating. I need to research how the names are placed on each Pope. Like why Benedict XVI? Why not John the whatever number John we're on? Everybody knew it would be Ratzinger, but now who gets the nomination for Dean of the College of Cardinals and will that start being the inside track to the papacy? These are the questions I'll be reading about tomorrow.

It might be interesting to see how truly great, (not liberal, but worldly) John Paul II was when we begin seeing how fundamental Benedict XVI can be. I believe I read somewhere that he was forced to be a Hitler Youth. That is crazy, he went to de-nazification school. Awesome. You don't talk about that kind of stuff everyday.

1 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of all the things I read about in your blogs...
i too was thinking of taking a more research stance on this pope from start to finish. Heck, he just miss the cut age by only 2 years.

It is funny to think about how a religious sect of the Christian Faith as that of the Catholic has sustained everything that history has thrown at it.

Here's something to chew on...why is it that there is such a heirarchy in Catholism? Can you pray directly to God, or do you have to pray to your local priest, then he to the cardinal, so on...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home