Monday, May 09, 2005

Que?

I've been watching movies on Monday nights lately. Tonight's selection was Spanglish, by James L. Brooks. I got absorbed into this like nothing I've watched lately. This was a really good movie on several levels. The writing and direction were on par with most Brooks films, but what sets this apart from so many like it is the performance by Paz Vega, or Spanglish, as I would say, you gotta know me to understand.

Seriously though, this was probably the best movie I've seen this year since I've seen nothing in the theatre I can remember and nothing better on DVD. If you like family dramas this is totally up your alley. I always liked movies like Ordinary People, The Ice Storm, Uncle Buck, Dazed and Confused, and other family oriented stories. Spanglish will steal your heart though through Paz Vega. She is the most beautiful Spanish actress on film and talented to boot. For a more intense review see...Roger Ebert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home