Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Revenge of Serpico

So this week I watched Serpico, and Heist. I didn't love either. Serpico was okay. Pretty good cop movie, Al Pacino was good, but not memorable like with other roles. I would recommend it to others if they like Pacino, and good cop/corrupt cop movies.

Heist on the other hand was not a one man show. It showcases Gene Hackman but he is flanked by talented Mamet trustee Rebecca Pidgeon, Delroy Lindo, Sam Rockwell, Danny Devito, and Ricky Jay. Mamet is really good, but this was not. It was full of Mametisms, F-Word, plot twists, and great lines. My favorite: Everyone likes money, that's why they call it money. This is like my fifth favorite Mamet movie, it was just to silly. It's about a theif job that seems to go wrong, but it doesn't because Gene Hackman is so smart. But is he, every turn he seems to get outwitted only to outwit, and you know its gonna happen. It was a lark for Mamet to crap this caper, and part work really well, but editing kills it. You'll see. I can't usually catch continuity problems, but there were three that I found and they all fell back on making cuts.

Anyway, I was chewing gum for something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home