Sunday, March 11, 2007

300

We might need to stop and pay attention to what is happening in the film industry this week. 300 is set to do massive box office. I haven't seen final numbers, but look for it to have a top 10 weekend of all time. Actually it very well may have a top 3 weekend of all time. It is doing scary good business.

Wondering why, well it's been chatted about amongst the comic book kids for about a year now, when the first images popped up. Since then each have decided to make sure they catch the film. I personally felt like a big weekend was coming, but am really surprised at how well its gonna do. I thought $50 million would be accurate. Currently boxofficemojo.com has it at $70. I didn't look any further, I had to place my opinion down. It could be with Sunday estimates included, but that seems a bit premature, so if this is a two day total, I'd be willing to bet you see a $90-$100 million weekend. Placing it in the top 5 all time.

Not good if you like the small emotional drama, with natural lighting and character actors....

I'm looking forward to seeing 300, I like seeing these over the top movies with extreme visuals, but I'm worried we will have much lesser copycats.

Anyway....its time for basketball obsession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home