Monday, March 05, 2007

In the Red

I have never been to Walter Reed Hospital, and I have to assume that many US citizens have not. I would assume also that we would have an opinion of the conditions at the hospital, whether good or bad upon visiting. Why then, have President Bush, Sen. Hillary Clinton, Jay Leno, Tom Brokaw, Tommy Thompson, Colin and Condolezza all been to Walter Reed (some are assumptions) and not had a problem with conditions? Would not President Bush or Hillary Clinton use their power, maybe in opposite efforts, to make some things happen? Bush behind the scenes could have ordered an immediate overhaul of rooms or a 100% increase in staff...I don't believe for a second that public opinion would find its way against him.

I bring this up because I worry that this country is setting itself up for bankrupcy. Our health care system is an absolute disaster. We are going to be overwhelmed with vets from this war coupled with our baby boomer retirement surge set to begin 1-2008. I'm freaking out a little after seeing Daniel Walker on 60 Minutes last night screaming about the same problems. Walker is the cheif ombudsman for the US and he is throwing up a red flag about these exact problems. Luckily Mitt Romney has been calling attention to this spending issue during his campaign as well, we need the attention.

I'm devoting my vote in 2008 to the person that will equally protect and support environmental issues, protecting the country from the extreme spending, while solving the problems of caring for our vets and seniors without a loss in quality, and it wouldn't hurt if they favor stem cell research.

We're gonna need to make some serious bank...hopefully there is a solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home