Sunday, March 04, 2007

Book It!

What are we coming to? Do you remember Pizza Hut's program Book It. Each month after you completed a book, you received a free pizza at Pizza Hut. An incentive that many kids, including myself used to complete some books. Well of course this is the 90's...some group thinks this is a bad idea and we are teaching kids bad eating habits.

Three things should be noted. I read a bundle of sports biographies. They may have been fifteen pages on Robin Yount, or 24 pages on Magic Johnson, but I was reading...maybe some were Choose Your Own Adventure Billy and the Treasure at Blowing Rock (good title)...but I was reading.

Another thing is, yes Pizza Hut pizza is quite possibly the most disgusting greasy junk food I can imagine. But they have improved their menu since 1985. The thin and hand tossed pizzas are probably not as bad for you as the horrible, Pan Pizza.

Finally, let's just remember this is a reward to kids. A piece of greasy garbage once a month is not going to destroy the child. What will is the 5th Avenue Bar he jams down his fat throat while he reads. Or maybe just maybe his parents can establish what a balanced diet is, and what a treat or reward is.

I swear I'm going to become a card carrying republican just so I can always rail on these groups...and I wanna prove to Ann Coulter I'm more man than John Edwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home