Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Departed

I just watched The Departed on DVD. Really good, not my favorite Martin Scorsese movie, but now my favorite Leo Dicaprio movie. I loved, like most, everything but the ending. The end was a little too bloody and probably not the best way to finish the story. If you haven't seen it and want to ignore the rest of this paragraph...How much better would things have been if Leo's character took Matt Damon in and got Marky Mark to corroborate the story. A cleaner more plausable ending. This would not have compromised any part of the film. Also the psychologist could have turned all of her information over to assist in ending this in anything but a dirty cop turned dirty, good cop surprise is dirty, and then a hit from an angry cop on a bad cop with an opening for a sequel. Really....140 minutes are great...last ten didn't have to go the way they did.


Okay welcome back to those who haven't seen or just skim this blog anyway. This is to be about American Idol. It sucks hard this year. I'm an American Idol appologist, but this year has been irritating. There may be a "winner" amongst the 24 but I'm not sure this cast has anyone capable of last years final 5. I'm so sick of the soft sweet songs. It's as if we are auditioning for the Mouseketeers. This year has been horrible because so far there are no stage personas. Although I quite liked (excuse me while I look up their names) Stephanie Edwards, Haley Scarnato, and Melinda Doolittle. None have a huge persona. Edwards has potential, and Scarnato is luckily the only hot chick...which tends to get you near the finals. Of course Doolittle has the best voice and the least going for her. Ugh. Like American Idol, I'm sure that's a horrid succession of sentences, but I'm tired kinda hurting as some scar tissue develops...etc.

Finally...This whole Anna Nicole thing is probably one of the all time great media circuses. I would love to explore the night life with these journalists. South Florida is an absolute playground, with this crush of extra production folks it just got a whole lot more fun. I love hanging out with the behind the scenes folks, and one of my true fetishes will hopefully always be newswomen. I'd have a blast. I'm slowly writing a script in my mind of a flourishing love triangle between rivals at a media circus type event like this. That's good watchin'.

Ball and Biscuit..White Stripes
Werewolves of London..Warren Zevon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home