Sunday, September 25, 2005

Kicking Television

Friends here are your results from this weeks new TV shows:

Arrested Development was f'in' great... but I'm only concerned with the newbies, just wanted to get that plug in for the funniest stuff on tv.

How I Met Your Mother..B+ I'm into it. I like the premise, I like most of the actors and love Neil Harris's silly Vince Vaughn style guy's guy. Cobie Smulders though is my new crush.

My Name is Earl...- missed it. My cable was on the fritz. Is that how you spell fritz? Anyway I live in the mid 1990's where I have internet, cd's, movies on disc, cordless phones and a cable system based on an analog signal. Please forgive me.

Everyone Hates Chris..A+ Arrested Development has a rival for laughs per minute. Arrested Development is better because its series based as many shows are now. EHC is a standard comedy series where you need very little backstory to get involved, but it is very funny. I know people that lived like that, and I certainly saw some of my childhood in it. Think of the Wonder Years and Good Times. To me that is a combination as good as chicken and waffles.

For the first time I am returning tonight to a series I hated, liked briefly, disliked, fell in love with in reruns, tried to watch again in its current state, didn't like it and then saw a classic episode from last season, and can't miss tonight's season premiere. Of course I'm talking about Girlfriends on UPN. No jackalope, I'm talking West Wing, fooled ya right? Any way I love this show and hate it sometimes too. I still believe I could write a book on behalf of the good years of the series, with only a chapter or two about the sad times.

Anyway, Laguna Beach is about to come on in re-runs I missed this week's due to said cable issue. Have you noticed how much the OC and Laguna are influencing kids fashion. Unbelieveable. Look some time at the Gap, American Eagle..etc. Kids are wearing blazers with jeans and stiped polos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home