Tuesday, March 13, 2007

REM in the RRHOF

I think I've found a reason to watch American Idol. I can't remember her name, but I'm watching for her...Doolittle, Melinda Doolittle. I saw her performance last week and can't wait to watch her sing again. I'm looking for an excuse to watch. I love the judges and Seacrest...I might be the only one that watches to see their interplay, but I do. And I love the theatre shows...

I'm doing a lot of live music downloading lately. I'm thinking of getting a Euro-Van, and a dancing bear sticker. Actually I've been into My Morning Jacket, and Wilco for a little while and wanted to increase my live show catalog. I think I'm gonna work on getting some Derek Trucks, and Robert Randolph....

I did see the latest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions. The only band I would have wanted to see perform was Van Halen, with David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar. Preferably Diamond Dave of course. It would be a boon to see those guys thrash up their to Hot for Teacher or You Really Got Me. I'd like to see REM one of my favorite bands growing up, but they wouldn't play Monty Got a Raw Deal, or Seven Chinesse Brothers, or Superman or even Losing My Religion...they'd find a way to play E-Bow the Letter, and something from Reveal.

As weird as Michael Stipe is, I still love that character. He's extremely eccentric and other worldly talented, but a Straight Southern White Male cannot show admiration in public for Michael Stipe.

I honestly never knew that Starbucks was named after a character in Moby Dick...go figure...

Superman
Monty Got a Raw (MF'n) Deal
Wake Up Bomb
Perfect Circle
Gardening at Night....REM

Which incidentally does not stand for Retired English Majors it is for Rapid Eye Movement...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home