Friday, March 30, 2007

Warming Warm Glow

Not much to write about, but I will mention a couple of things:

Why is it that I read gossip about Bruce Willis, and a 10 year old suicide attempt story about Halle Barry? Oh they have a movie coming out. Neat.

Listen, I don't know how else to say this, but I truly feel there is only one good show on the main four television stations. 30 Rock is the only good show on tv, at least this year. Currently in second place is My Name is Earl. I like The Office, but it has sucked royally this year. I was holding that back. It feels good to let it out. Last night and many too many other nights I sit there and wonder what in the world do I watch on TV.

Here is your answer:
Monday-Nothing=Food Network, Discovery..is the Hills on?
Tuesday-Nothing=Food Network, National Geographic..is the Hills on?
Wednesday-Nothing=Food Network, History Channel...is the Hills on?
Thursday-My Name is Earl, The Oraffice (you're welcome M.Scott), 30 Rock
Friday-Doesn't Bear Grylls show come on tonight? Not anymore. Nothing what's on Turner Classic Movies
Saturday-Sports
Sunday-Sports, 60 Minutes

I watch a bunch of TV, but I really don't either. If someone asks, Did you see (24, Lost, The Soprano's, Veronica Mars, Batlle Star Galactica, American Idol (okay I watch Idol, I forgot, tells you how much I care for it) etc.) I usually say nope, don't watch it. Don't care.

I will however submit that there are some shows I love when they are on. Besides the aforementioned 30 Rock, I heart Top Chef (probably like discovering gold to me) Laguna Beach, and Dinner for Five. I will drop everything I'm doing, or schedule around these shows.

Anyway enough about TV, its always sucked, but this time I'm taking action. Instead of watching I don't. Used to be I'd sit there glazed. Not anymore. I value the power of the internet, and the dozen or so books I've purchased but haven't cracked. So I read more, both online and in print. I have completed 3 books this year, and have promised I will read a book a month. That's fair for a borderline lip reader.

I also need to admit that I have recently, and on the advice of a close music buddy, started to jam with Built to Spill. Totally excellent. Loving it.

Where is Ann Curry been?

Some Modern Jazz Quartet:

Django, Bag's Groove, Newk's Fadeaway-with Sonny Rollins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home